You may have read about my P90X and Insanity transformation story and seen my embarrassing topless “Before” pictures here By looking at those topless pictures, you may have an idea of how much I have changed physically. But what you don’t know is how much I’ve changed mentally and how that has benefited my day-to-day, since. After one round of P90X & Insanity…How do I feel now?
Just to Recap
Before I started my fitness journey in October 2012, I weighed about 190 lbs with 23% body fat, 304 total cholesterol, and 39″ waist. These pictures were taken in 2012.
Here’s how I felt back then:
- I was tired the whole time. I yawned a lot — I mean A LOT!
- I started thinking what I would be eating next even while having a meal. I had no control over how much I ate and what I ate. Besides my religion and family, the only other thing that could really lift my spirit, at least temporarily, was food. I was overly dependent on food!
- I was always hungry.
- I didn’t feel like moving my body at all. Sometimes I got light headed by doing moderate physical activities.
- I couldn’t run non-stop at 5 mph for more than 10 minutes. My legs started hurting and I had hard time catching breath after a few minutes.
- I got sick easily. Every other month I would have an episode of cold.
Fast Forwarding to 2013
After completing 1 round of P90X, 1 round of Insanity (and I’m currently halfway through a hybrid workout of the 2), my weight is now 151 lbs, body fat% at around 7%, 184 total cholesterol, and 32″ waist.
I also have observed the following improvements:
- I don’t yawn much if at all!
- I’m more energetic. Sometimes, after the workout I still have energy for more workout or other physical activities.
- I pay a lot of attention to nutrition. I focus more on getting what my body needs and less so on what I feel like eating.
- I rarely get hungry as I’m eating more frequently.
- I don’t get sick as often. In the past 7 months, I’ve only been sick twice.
- I’m now able to run at least 30 minutes non-stop at a pace of 6-7 mph. My stamina and breathing are much better.
- I feel like I can conquer any physical activities.
- I’m more positive and motivated!
What a HUGE difference the Beachbody fitness programs have made in just a few months. I plan on maintaining this fitness lifestyle for the foreseeable future and hopefully inspire others to do the same. My next challenge is to do a mud/obstacle race and half marathon. My gut (or lack of LOL) tells me that I can do it!